Re: [GIT PULL] bcachefs changes for 6.11

From: Theodore Ts'o
Date: Fri Jul 19 2024 - 10:30:36 EST

On Thu, Jul 18, 2024 at 06:24:08PM -0400, Kent Overstreet wrote:

> I've gotten essentially zero in the way of test feedback from
> for-next (except from Stephen Rothwell directly, the odd build
> warning or merge issue, but 0day mostly catches the build stuff
> before it hits next).

I am currently running regular testing on the new linux-next's fs-next
branch. Things which are still blocking me from announcing it are:

*) Negotiating with Konstantin about the new lists.linux.dev mailing
list.

*) A few minor bug fixes / robustification improves in the
"gce-xfstests watch" --- for example, right now if git fetch fails
due to load throttling / anti-DOS protections on git.kernel.org
trip the git watcher dies. Obviously, I need to teach it to do
exponential backoff retries, because I'm not going to leave my
kernel.org credentials on a VM running in the cloud to bypass the
kernel.org DOS protections. :-)

As far as bcachefs is concerned, my xfstests-bld infrastructure isn't
set up to build rust userspace, and Debian has a very ancient bcachefs
packages --- the latest version in Debian stable and unstable dates
from November 2022. So I haven't enabled bcachefs support in
gce-xfstests and kvm-xfstests yet. Patches gratefully accepted. :-)

In any case, I'm hoping to have some publically accessible regular
test results of fs-next. I've just been crazy busy lately....

- Ted