Re: UML/hostfs - mount failure at tip of tree

From: Maciej Żenczykowski
Date: Tue Jul 23 2024 - 22:56:17 EST

On Tue, Jul 23, 2024 at 7:22 PM Linus Torvalds
<torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, 23 Jul 2024 at 18:35, Hongbo Li <lihongbo22@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > I apologize for causing this issue. I am currently tracking it down. If
> > reverting this can solve the problem, you can revert it first.
>
> I don't get the feeling that this is _so_ urgent that it needs to be
> reverted immediately - let's give it at least a few days and see if
> you (or somebody else) figures out the bug.
>
> Maciej - if you can verify that folio conversion fix suggestion of
> mine (or alternatively report that it doesn't help and I was barking
> up the wrong tree), that would be great.

That appears to fix the folio patch indeed (ie. I no longer need to revert it).

The tests are still super unhappy, but I've yet to fix our tests very
broken netlink parser for changes that released in 6.10, so that may
be unrelated ;-)

--
Maciej Żenczykowski, Kernel Networking Developer @ Google