Re: [REGRESSION] No image on 4k display port displays connected through usb-c dock in kernel 6.10

From: kevin
Date: Mon Jul 29 2024 - 09:22:49 EST

July 29, 2024 at 11:15 AM, "Linux regression tracking (Thorsten Leemhuis)" <regressions@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 29.07.24 10:47, Christian Heusel wrote:
>

> > On 24/07/29 10:35AM, Linux regression tracking (Thorsten Leemhuis) wrote:
> >

> > > [+Greg +stable]
> > >
> > > On 29.07.24 10:16, Lin, Wayne wrote:
> > >

> > Thanks for the report.
> >
> > Patch fa57924c76d995 ("drm/amd/display: Refactor function dm_dp_mst_is_port_support_mode()")
> >
> > is kind of correcting problems causing by commit:
> >
> > 4df96ba6676034 ("drm/amd/display: Add timing pixel encoding for mst mode validation")
> >
> > Sorry if it misses fixes tag and would suggest to backport to fix it. Thanks!
> >

> > > Greg, seem it would be wise to pick up fa57924c76d995 for 6.10.y as
> > >
> > > well, despite a lack of Fixes or stable tags.
> > >
> > > Ciao, Thorsten
> > >

> > The issue is that the fixing commit does not apply to the 6.10 series
> >
> > without conflict and the offending commit does not revert cleanly
> >
> > aswell.
> >

> Hah, many thx, I should have checked that.
>
> Lin, Wayne: could you maybe help out here and provide something for 6.10.y?
>
> Ciao, Thorsten

I reverted 4df96ba6676034 from v6.10.2 from the stable/linux git, resolving the conflict by removing everything that git marked as from the current branch and kept everything marked as from before the branch to merge. That resulted in a patch that is fixing the problem on my machine. Since I don't understand what the code is actually doing it might break things on other machines.