Re: Linux 6.11-rc1

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Mon Jul 29 2024 - 19:48:06 EST

On Mon, 29 Jul 2024 at 14:35, Arnd Bergmann <arnd@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I suspect we can fix the alpha issue with the trivial
> change below (haven't tested yet), but the way we are
> inconsistent about these will likely keep biting us
> unless we come up with a better way to handle them
> across architectures.

Well, looking around, the other functions (ie things like
iowrite64be_lo_hi() etc) do end up being handled by lib/iomap.c, and
parisc does seem to implement its own versions.

So this may in fact be the only such case.

Knock wood.

Your suggested patch looks ObviouslyCorrect(tm) to me. I assume I'll
get it through the normal channels after testing?

Linus