Re: dw_mipi_dsi-stm.c:(.text+0x8db9a3): undefined reference to `clk_hw_unregister'

From: Borislav Petkov
Date: Mon Sep 09 2024 - 04:45:43 EST

On Mon, Sep 09, 2024 at 08:57:57AM +0200, Raphael Gallais-Pou wrote:
> Arnd Bergmann sent a patch regarding this issue on x86 that I merged several
> weeks ago.
>
> https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/20240719075454.3595358-1-arnd@xxxxxxxxxx/
> https://lore.kernel.org/all/c3d0757a-07c0-4f83-9f06-c3ad205aa1e9@xxxxxxxxxxx/

Thanks.

> Now, I'm not familiar with PowerPC architecture and toolchains, but I think
> this patch should fix your problem. Do you have the above fixup in your
> tree ? If not please try it.

Not PowerPC - it is an x86 build. I do random config builds as part of build
testing and when a driver depends on COMPILE_TEST, it does gets built in some
.configs. So some may fail, as in this case.

So I think you should send that patch to Linus now so that such randconfig
builds do not fail anymore.

Unfortunately, I cannot test it right now because I've removed the triggering
randconfigs but when I hit it again, I'll make sure to apply yours.

Thx.

--
Regards/Gruss,
Boris.