Re: sched/fair: Kernel panics in pick_next_entity

From: Mike Galbraith
Date: Tue Oct 01 2024 - 12:41:56 EST

On Tue, 2024-10-01 at 19:38 +0530, Vishal Chourasia wrote:

> With the below changes, I don't see any warnings been printed on the
> console, along with it, there were no kernel panics

Darn. I was hoping to quash the easily reproducible noisy avalanche of
doom to let elusive $subject through, that being way more interesting.

When I hit $subject, LTPs cfs_bandwidth01 was running, but there was no
warning prelude, box went straight to panic. Trying to reproduce using
that testcase plus hackbench as efficacy booster produced lots of dying
box noise, but zero sneaky $subject instances before or after quash.

-Mike