Re: drivers/hwmon/tmp513.c:163:10: error: 'const struct regmap_config' has no member named 'reg_bits'

From: Guenter Roeck
Date: Tue Oct 01 2024 - 16:32:51 EST

On 10/1/24 11:53, Javier Carrasco wrote:
[ ... ]

The bug is not in that commit, the Kconfig entry for this driver is
missing a 'select REGMAP_I2C'. I just tested it and then it builds
without any issues.

I can send a patch to fix that, but I would like to know what commit it
really fixes: the one that introduced the driver as it already used
regmap and did not include the required select? Or the one from this
report because it triggered, even though it is not the real source of
the issue?

I have no idea why this is reported now, but the problem was introduced with
the driver, and as you have noticed I already submitted a fix.

Thanks a lot for reviewing it!

Guenter