Re: [net-next v3 2/2] tg3: Link queues to NAPIs

From: Joe Damato
Date: Mon Oct 07 2024 - 10:24:00 EST

On Mon, Oct 07, 2024 at 12:30:09AM -0700, Michael Chan wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 5, 2024 at 7:57 AM Joe Damato <jdamato@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > + if (tnapi->tx_buffers) {
> > + netif_queue_set_napi(tp->dev, txq_idx,
> > + NETDEV_QUEUE_TYPE_TX,
> > + &tnapi->napi);
> > + txq_idx++;
> > + } else if (tnapi->rx_rcb) {
>
> Shouldn't this be "if" instead of "else if" ? A napi can be for both
> a TX ring and an RX ring in some cases.
> Thanks.

BTW: tg3 set_channels doesn't seem to support combined queues;
combined_count is not even examined in set_channels. But maybe
the link queue can be a combined queue, I don't know.

Regardless, I'll still make the change you requested as there is
similar code in tg3_request_irq.

But what I really would like to get feedback on is the rxq and txq
indexing with the running counters, please. That was called out
explicitly in the cover letter.

Thanks.