[net-next v4 0/2] tg3: Link IRQs, NAPIs, and queues

From: Joe Damato
Date: Wed Oct 09 2024 - 13:55:47 EST

Greetings:

Welcome to v4, now an actual submission instead of an RFC.

This follows from a previous RFC (wherein I botched the subject lines of
all the messages) [1].

I've taken Michael Chan's suggestion on modifying patch 2 and I've
updated the commit messages of both patches to test and show the output
for the default 1 TX 4 RX queues and the 4 TX and 4 RX queues cases.

Reviewers: please check the commit messages carefully to ensure the
output is correct (or on your own systems to verify, if you like). I am
not a tg3 expert and it's possible that I got something wrong.

Thanks,
Joe

[1]: https://lore.kernel.org/all/20241005145717.302575-3-jdamato@xxxxxxxxxx/T/

v4:
- Upgraded from RFC to official submission
- Patch 1:
- Updated commit message to test more cases, no code or functional
changes, so I retained the Reviewed-by
- Patch 2:
- Switched the if ... else if ... to two ifs as per Michael Chan's
suggestion when tg3 uses combined tx and rx queues
- Updated commit message to test more cases, including combined tx
and rx queues

rfcv3:
- Patch 1:
- Line wrap to 80 characters, no functional changes
- Added Pavan Chebbi's Reviewed-by
- Patch 2:
- changed tg3_napi_enable and tg3_napi_disable to use running
counters to number the queues as there is no explicit queue index
assigned in tg3

Joe Damato (2):
tg3: Link IRQs to NAPI instances
tg3: Link queues to NAPIs