[BUG] -next objtool build failure (bisected)

From: Paul E. McKenney
Date: Tue Oct 15 2024 - 14:10:23 EST

Hello!

The next-20241011 release gets me build errors like the following:

vmlinux.o: warning: objtool: fetch_item() falls through to next function

Bisection leads me here:

61595012f280 ("HID: simplify code in fetch_item()")

This diff looks inoffensive to me, but I get this error on this commit
and not on its predecessor.

This build failure happens on quite a few different kernel configurations.
I bisected using this particular reproducer:

tools/testing/selftests/rcutorture/bin/kvm.sh --allcpus --buildonly --configs SRCU-T

Thoughts?

Thanx, Paul