Re: linux-next: build warning after merge of the tip tree

From: Dr. David Alan Gilbert
Date: Tue Oct 15 2024 - 16:57:07 EST

* Thomas Gleixner (tglx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 11 2024 at 17:55, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> > On Fri, 11 Oct 2024 13:55:15 +1100 Stephen Rothwell <sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >>
> >> After merging the tip tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
> >> ppc64_defconfig) produced this warning:
> >>
> >> kernel/time/clocksource.c:1258:13: warning: '__clocksource_change_rating' defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
> >> 1258 | static void __clocksource_change_rating(struct clocksource *cs, int rating)
>
> Yes. I fixed it up on my tree and then forgot to push it into
> tip. Sorry!

Thanks for that and apologies for not spotting it in my v1.

Dave

P.S. If you get a chance I'd appreicate if you could look at another
deadcode of mine in x86:
https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/20240913005753.1392431-1-linux@xxxxxxxxxxx/

> Thanks,
>
> tglx

/ Dr. David Alan Gilbert | Running GNU/Linux | Happy \
\ dave @ treblig.org | | In Hex /