Re: core-dumps and shared-libs

Bernhard Kaindl (bkaindl@ping.at)
Mon, 2 Oct 1995 23:36:07 +0100 (MET)

On Sun, 1 Oct 1995, Harald Evensen wrote:

> I noticed the other day that core-dumps and shared-libs didn't work.
> Core dumps from static linked executables worked like a charm.
> My system is 100% ELF (1.3.30, libc5.2.9, gdb-4.14elf,
> binutils-2.5.2l.20 etc).

Sone time ago the same showed up at me, as I had an real serios bug in
my work. I think it's better to discuss this in the linux-gcc mailing
list since this list is mainly for kernel developing, and this should be
an ELF specific problem. Have you posted it already to linux-gcc? Do
it and we will dicuss the details there. Also I think there are the
developers which can help.

- Bernhard