Re: Circular dependency in math emu

WE Metzenthen (billm@jacobi.maths.monash.edu.au)
Thu, 5 Oct 1995 20:13:36 +1000

(I only receive digests, so this subject took a few days to reach me)

Paul Gortmaker <gpg109@rsphy1.anu.edu.au> wrote:

> Guess nobody bothers to look over the build logs anymore. :-)
>
> make[1]: Entering directory `/tmp/linux/arch/i386/math-emu'
> make[1]: Circular fpu_asm.h <- fpu_emu.h dependency dropped.
> make[1]: Nothing to be done for `first_rule'.
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/linux/arch/i386/math-emu'

I noticed it a few weeks ago. I think it probably appeared at 1.3.19
and is due to the new method of generating dependency files. There is
no real problem but a fix is to replace all includes for fpu_asm.h by
fpu_emu.h. Prompted by this posting, I have sent patches to Linus.

--Bill