Re: smbfs and ls bug?

Tuukka Tikkanen (tic0@sata.fi)
Tue, 10 Oct 1995 09:08:58 +0000

I didn't see any other replies for this so...

On Fri, 6 Oct 1995, Carlos M. S. Antunes wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I am smb mounting a Windows NT (3.51) share from a Linux box, using smbfs
> and I think I caught a bug.
>
> Please analyze the following output from 'ls -ls' command:
>
> 29 -rwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 57802 Oct 5 23:32 7800wnt.exe*
>
> This file is in a compressed NTFS partition. Could this be the reason why
> the kilobytes are not being computed correctly?

No. In this case first column contains the size of file in disk blocks,
not kilobytes.

<--- (quote from Solaris 2.4 man page for ls) --->

-s Give size in blocks, including indirect blocks, for
each entry.

<--- (end quote) --->

Tuukka Tikkanen tic0@sata.fi tic0@kiss.fi tituti@uta.fi * (C)95 tbc *
[this space for rent, really!]