Re: Linux Sudden Death Syndrome?

Matthew J Brown (mjb@sophos.com)
Fri, 13 Oct 1995 13:41:22 +0100

I wrote:
> Well, in the last week I've had two dead hangs on my home machine
> under 1.3.30 ... but in the same period, my work machine has been up
> continuously under much heavier use with no problems.
>
> Of course, this could be an X hang, not a Linux one ...

It is an X hang -- happened last night in the middle of an FTP
download which continued merrily on its way for 15 minutes after the
screen went solid blue.

Since X appeared to run OK under 1.2.8, what's changed? This is the
S3 accelerated server ... my work machine is ET4000/w32 and has no
problems ...

-Matt