Re: Re: Linux-1.3.34

John Heidemann (min@oti.on.ca)
Sun, 15 Oct 1995 14:36:02 -0400

on Sun, 15 Oct 1995 20:17:15 -0400 <temp@temptation.interlog.com> wrote:
> Subject: 'Re: Linux-1.3.34' From: '<temp@temptation.interlog.com>'
> To: #('min')
> CC: #('<linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu>')
> Date: 'Sun, 15 Oct 1995 20:17:15 -0400' !
>
> On Fri, 13 Oct 1995, Linus Torvalds wrote:
>
> > I just made Linux-1.3.34 (aka "Not quite the buggiest kernel ever")
> > available on the normal ftp-sites.
> >
> > If some driver still doesn't work, please do get in touch with me..
>
> Scsi/sound etc... all works fine now for me. I had some problems with my
Really? My Adaptec1542 driver is broken. I even wiped out the previous linux
source (1.3.32) and re-installed linux.1.3.34. Just for some reason it failed to
recognize the CD drive on bootup. I never had this problem since I used Linux so far.
Is it just a "make config" problem? I chose SCSI CDRom support and 1542 driver when built
the kernel (not in modules)

> SMC/pci cards. the Driver the ships with 1.3.x kernels is version 0.5,
> which doesn't with combo cards. I have tulip.c:v0.08 6/06/95 which much
> newer, and works with both none and combo cards. I editted two or three
> lines in the code so it now works 1.3.34+. The Driver was written by
> Donald Becker. I'm wondering if Mr. Becker can add .08 to 1.3.x kernels
> or new if he has one, or if I can sent this I've changed to so some to be
> added.
>
> Chris

Thanks for any insight,

--min