Re: I saw Linus on CNN!

alex (alex@bach.cis.temple.edu)
Wed, 18 Oct 1995 00:01:51 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 17 Oct 1995, Mike Shaver wrote:

> Anyone know if we could convince CNN to release an MPEG of the
> segment? It'd be a great thing for the Linux Publicity Project (Jeff?
> Perhaps drop them some mail?), besides indulging the Linux obsession
> in all of us.

You do not need to convince anyone. As long as initial broadcast was
performed and someone recorded it on a tape, one can use (if I remember
correctly from my days of close work with ITN) upto 4 minutes of film
providing that credits are given to CNN (or was that WTN/CNN?) Just
*please* check about the frame time - I can't bet it is 4 minutes though
somehow I think it is.

Best wishes,
Alex

Alexander O. Yuriev Email: alex@bach.cis.temple.edu
CIS Labs, TEMPLE UNIVERSITY WWW: http://bach.cis.temple.edu/personal/alex
Philadelphia, PA, USA

KeyID: 1024/D62D4489 Key Fingerprint: AE84534377CCC4E2 37B13C4D8CD3D501

Unless otherwise stated, everything above is my personal opinion and not an
opinion of any organisation affiliated with me.