As 2.0 looms (fwd)

Jim Nance (Jim_Nance@avanticorp.com)
Wed, 24 Apr 1996 07:36:07 -0400 (EDT)

Forwarded message:
> Date: Mon, 22 Apr 96 21:33 BST
> From: alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk (Alan Cox)
> Subject: As 2.0 looms

> Firstly we need to categorise each existing "Alpha", "experimental" or whatever
> driver appropriately. Some drivers marked ALPHA are most definitely not now
> ALPHA. Other stuff like the masquerade proxy agents and multicast routing
> need to be ALPHA clearly.

One thing that can be slightly confusing is that there is an architecture
named alpha, and a quality estimate called alpha. So when the configure
script asks something like:

Kernel/User network link driver(ALPHA) (CONFIG_NETLINK) [N/y/?]

Your not really sure if it means that its of ALPHA quality or only runs
on the ALPHA. Im not sure if this is enough of a problem to fix, but I
though I would point it out.

Jim