Re: Java in OS?

Daniel A. Taylor (danielt@dgii.com)
Thu, 2 May 1996 10:32:57 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 1 May 1996, Buddha Buck wrote:

> > Is there any possibility of Linux also doing this? It'd really be neat if
> > Linux could be first-on-the-market.
> >

> I for one certainly hope not. Or, at least, not in the kernel. It
> seems to me to be both a waste of kernel space and an otherwise
> incredibly bad idea anyway.
>
> On the otherhand, a Java demon might be an interesting idea.
> Especially if it was a multithreaded Java demon.

I personally kinda like the idea of a Java module :)
And a Python module and a Mac module and a ...

Well I could go overboard.

However on the initial message, to get this great
"Java in the OS" support from everyone else, doesn't that
mean spending money for the upgrade? Just another
marketroid ploy.

Dan Taylor