Re: Java in OS?

Carlo E. Prelz (fluido@marktest.pt)
Wed, 8 May 1996 08:46:30 +0100 (WET DST)

On Mon, 6 May 1996, RAMPOD SW Development wrote:

> Before people fall into the trap of thinking Java
> is going to take over, look back at the C++ craze. C++ started very well
> with Bjourne/cfront. A lot of work has gone into standardizing,
> but even though I am a faithful C++ guy, it still has some ridiculous
> problems.

A personal note: I have been first "in love" with Basic, then F77,
then C. All swtiches have been natural. I then tried MANY TIMES to
switch to C++, but I regularly ended with a very bad taste in my
mouth. Now Java again gives me a will to explore, "good vibes". I
still haven't made up my mind, but I already bought 2 books & am
somehow tinkering with it.

This does not mean that support for it should be in the kernel. Things
are OK as they are. BTW SunSoft's attitude in this has been quite
linux-compatible until now.

Carlo

--
  *              Se la Strada e la sua Virtu' non fossero state messe da parte,
* K * Carlo E. Prelz - fluido@marktest.pt                che bisogno ci sarebbe