Re: 'java in kernel' defaults

Alex Gitelman (alexgit@sfsu.edu)
Wed, 15 May 1996 16:20:07 -0700 (PDT)

However it's not a standard place for Java itself. If I copy or link
Java stuff to /usr/bin it complains that on bad Java root directory.
So, until somebody develops native Linux Java tools it would be better
to follow Sun's Java conventions ( or guy's who did port). And until that
time we, in fact,
have no right to say that Linux supports Java binaries - it just invokes
Sun's stuff to do job.

>From all other points of view so called Java support is a very nice thing.

Alex Gitelman
alexgit@sfsu.edu