Re: smbd : bind failed on port 139 (Address already in use)

Mon, 20 May 1996 13:24:40 +0100 (BST)

On Mon, 20 May 1996, Carlos Magno Ferrao da Silva wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I try smbd from SaMBa package with last kernels and I got the following message
>
> in a log file
>
> bind failed on port 139 (Address already in use)

Check it's not inetd that's causeing problems (look in /etc/inetd.conf)

> and of course the smbd doesn't work.

Bryn

--
PGP key pass phrase forgotten,   \ Overload -- core meltdown sequence
again :(                          |            initiated.