Re: BAD CPU --> SIG11 (mine appears to be caused by cache)

Ingo Molnar (mingo@teto.sch.bme.hu)
Sun, 26 May 1996 15:18:14 +0100 (GMT+0100)

On Sat, 25 May 1996 wiegley@teamster.usc.edu wrote:

> dlr: What problem are you having?
> you: gcc fails because of signal 11 errors caused by faulty hardware.
> dlr: gcc? signal 11?? never heard of these errors, what software are
> you using?
you: SCO unix, your board is on the compatibility list. SCO says
it's a cache problem.
dlr: oh, can you show it me
you: of course. [you boot into your slightly modified Linux which now
reports SCO Openserver 5.3 at booton]
dlr: i must admit i've never seen SCO unix before. But hey, here you
have another motherboard, try it ...
tv: earlier today a naked person running on the street was seen,
he was singing a strange tune: "... lalala my lynoocks works my
lynoocks works ...."

-- mingo