Re: Problems with compiling struct fd_set -- storage size isn't known

Brian Raymond Doherty (doherty@rice.edu)
Tue, 09 Jul 1996 08:09:59 -0500

Linus Torvalds wrote:

> You're doing something wrong (I think). Your program should just use
>
> fd_set a;
>
> without the "struct".. I'm told we shouldn't use "struct fd_set" due to
> standards concerns..
>
> Linus

OK, thanks. The reason the problem came up is that xlockmore-3.9 does
the same thing, so everyone be forewarned. I'm e-mailing the authors
now.

 Brian R. Doherty       | "You know, I bet a funny thing about driving a
 6320 S. Main St.       | car off a cliff is, while you're in midair,
you
 Houston, TX 77006      | still hit those brakes!  Hey, better try the
 doherty@rice.edu       | emergency brake!"                  -- Jack
Handey