Re: Vote for Linux.

Steven N. Hirsch (hirsch@uvm-gen.emba.uvm.edu)
Wed, 10 Jul 1996 18:05:41 -0400

Louis J. LaBash Jr. wrote:

> Goto "InfoWorld Electric Page One" and vote for Linux.
>
> http://WWW.INFOWORLD.COM/
>
> [IMAGE] Is Linux ready for the desktop?
> Some people are taking Linux in esoteric directions. Nicholas
> Petreley is hedging his bets that it will be more commonplace. What's
> your take on it?
>
> --
> Louis-ljl-{LLaBash@siue.edu | lou@minuet.siue.edu}

My take is that InfoWorld should learn how to compose an industry-standard HTML
on-line form. Using Netscape/Linux latest-and-greatest (2.02?), the form would
only display briefly when invoking "Back" :-((. In a large amount of
net-surfing, I've never seen anything like this before.

- Steve

|Steven N. Hirsch	"Anything worth doing is worth     |
|University of Vermont	 overdoing.." - Hunter S. Thompson |
|Computer Science / EE                                     |