Re: EXT2_FIRST_INO

Thu, 11 Jul 1996 10:26:14 +0100 (BST)

On Tue, 9 Jul 1996, Theodore Y. Ts'o wrote:

> Date: Tue, 09 Jul 1996 12:56:37 +0200
> From: Philippe Strauss <philippe.strauss@urbanet.ch>
>
> Recents e2fsck (1.02 and 1.04) report approx. 4% of non-contiguous files
> on my /usr partition (1 year old, without any defrag ever). Is it a
> normal value ?
>
> That's actually a very good value. I assume it's probably not been kept
> very full, and it's probably not changing all that often....
>
> - Ted

Hmm, I've a 0.4% on a just defraged drive (it was up at 7 or 8%), it's
very full (416184/480075, 91%, or so df sais, my calculator dosn't, but
....), and it's my /usr partition, so some activity (in /usr/src/linux
;), but not too much now....
Bryn

--
PGP key pass phrase forgotten,   \ Overload -- core meltdown sequence
again :(                          |            initiated.