Re: missing libraries

Matt Hawkins (matt@blitzen.canberra.edu.au)
Fri, 12 Jul 1996 12:21:41 +1000 (EST)

On Wed, 10 Jul 1996, Stefan Traber wrote:

> I recently installed the 2.0 kernel (as ELF). I tried to get 'chipmunk'
> to run, but it's missing a library: libX11.so.3. Another program is
> missing libXm.so.2. I located those libraries in /usr/X11R6/lib, but i
> think they're ELF and chipmunk wants the older format. Does anyone know
> where i can get those?

Something you might like to try first:

go into /usr/X11R6/lib, and make a symlink

libX11.so -> libX11.so.3

and the same for Xm, Xext, and all the other libs (in fact, for every
shared library on your system)

ELF looks for shared libs with a .so extension only, and if you don't have
an ELF-aware ldconfig these links aren't automagically updated.

-- Matt

| -* Mostly Harmless ! *- | @~/ ,. \~@ / \/\ ,'Don't Panic|