Re: Ram problems

Mon, 15 Jul 1996 22:36:20 +0100 (BST)

On Sun, 14 Jul 1996, Michel LESPINASSE wrote:

> After upgrading my memory from 16 to 32 MB, I had to pass the option
> "mem=32M" to the linux kernel because this additionnal memory wasn't
> correctly detected. Andrew R. Koepke had the same problem than me, with
> the same brand of motherboards (SuperMicro)

Hmm, you could read both values and compare them, then complain loudly
that the bios is lieing, and take the bigger. Isn't there also annother
bios call that can give numbers bigger than 64Mb ?
Bryn

--
PGP key pass phrase forgotten,   \ Overload -- core meltdown sequence
again :(                          |            initiated.