Re: tty->count off in pre-2.0.31-1

David A. Gatwood (marsmail@globegate.utm.edu)
Thu, 5 Jun 1997 19:15:15 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 5 Jun 1997, Jon Lewis wrote:

> On Thu, 5 Jun 1997, Hubert Mantel wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 5 Jun 1997, Jon Lewis wrote:
> >
> > > Jun 4 18:50:59 yoda kernel: Warning: dev (03:57) tty->count(1) !=
> > > #fd's(2) in release_dev
> >
> > This has not been introduced with the pre-patch. I'm getting similar
> > warnings once in a while on a system being up since 20 days with 2.0.30:
>
> I should have mentioned that I've been seeing this occasionally ever since
> 2.0.0.

I've noticed this error message (though I don't recall the device numbers
with 100% certainty) appears consistently on powermacs running MkLinux
(2.0.28 running on an OSF Mach 3 Microkernel). Don't know if that helps
narrow down the source of the problem or not. Just thought I'd mention
it. (On the MkLinux systems, it's always while starting up, BTW.)

David