Re: SOCKS and Kernel

Yusuf Motiwala (ymotiwala@hss.hns.com)
Sun, 5 Oct 1997 18:59:52 +0500 (IST)

On Sun, 5 Oct 1997, Tycho Fruru wrote:

> I haven't got very much experience with socks, but IMHO this could be
> better handled in a library.

But Tycho, wouldn't it require recompilation ? I want application to be
transparent. Not sure, but may be your suggestion can be worked out.

> > if something like this is already done on Linux. I am sure that somebody
> > might have done this, since it is a better option than to change all
> > applications (what do you say Alan ?).

====
Satellite & Networking Division, Hughes Software System,
Electronic City, Plot-31, Sector-18, Gurgaon - 122 015, India
E-mail: ymotiwala@hss.hns.com Phone: 91-124-346 666 ext. 2298
WWW: http://yusuf.home.ml.org/ Fax : 91-124-343 715