Re: fireport 40 not supported (fwd)

kwrohrer@enteract.com
Fri, 10 Oct 1997 23:29:14 -0500 (CDT)

And lo, Herbert Xu saith unto me:
> The following complaint was filed against linux 2.0.30. Please cc to
> 13705-forwarded@bugs.debian.org, mykes@sportsextra.com
> when replying. Thanks.

This problem was fixed some time ago. Updates to the 53c8xx driver
at ftp://linux.wauug.org/pub/roudier/ (which includes red hat and
slackware boot disks) detect the Fireport 40 as a 53c875-based
controller despite Diamond's odd choice of PCI ID; AFAIK this was
the only change required to use the Fireport 40 properly, but there
are other fixes and additions in the later driver versions.

Keith