Re: AMD k6 cosmetic problems

linux kernel account (linker@nightshade.z.ml.org)
Sat, 11 Oct 1997 18:41:34 -0400 (EDT)

I think this would come down to: ia32/ia64 is too generic to be
trademarked. IntelArchitecture-32bit IntelArchitecture-64bit is the
perfect description of the intel chips and their varrious binary
compatible clones.. If they couldn't trademark 80486 the sure as hell
cant trademark a perfectly good description like ia32..