Re: TX Motherboard patch

Ronald.Wahl@Informatik.TU-Chemnitz.DE
Sun, 12 Oct 1997 09:48:52 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 11 Oct 1997, Andrew Kieschnick wrote:

> > > Nothing at all - intel TX chipset motherboards work fine with
> > > Linux.
> >
> > I had also problems - PCI related. Some (all? I dont remember...) PCI
> > devices were unknown to linux-2.0.30. There are no problems anymore
> > after upgrading to 2.0.31-pre9.
>
> The unknown PCI devices are merely a cosmetic problem.

One of the devices was an network card and these was not initialized. This
card works very well in non-TX borads. After upgrading to 2.0.31-pre9 it
works. So I think it is not a cosmetic problem.

ron

--
\ Ronald Wahl --- rwa@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de   \
 \ WWW: http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/~row             \