Re: NEC CD-ROM Changers

Pauline Middelink (c913584@sun3.hr.ns.nl)
Mon, 13 Oct 1997 09:55:17 +0200

On Sun, Oct 12, 1997 at 06:58:53PM -0400, Linux Kernel wrote:
> I have an NEC 4x4 CD Changer (NEC-CD 251) and I've run into a weird
> problem. I was using eject -c (slot#), had a set of scripts for selecting
> each CD. Only problem is, it couldn't change to Disc0, and it reported
> this:
>
> "Use CDROM_SELECT_FROMSLOT instead of CDROM_SELECT" or something similar.
>
> I believe this is what is keeping it from using disc0 (slot0), but I'm not
> sure. I went through cdrom.c for a while, and I couldn't find the call to
[snip]
No. I had a simular error. The problem is that the eject program is
checking the result of the ioctl for error code, but is not doing
a very good case. Whenever you select tray0, the ioctl returns 0
and eject gives an error. Modify the code of eject so it will check
the ioctl for <0. Or mail me directly for the source of (i believe)
cdchange.c orso.

Cheers
Pauline Middelink