Re: [OFFTOPIC] Re: Motherboards

Woodstock (woody@woodynet.siscom.net)
Mon, 2 Feb 1998 07:16:31 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 2 Feb 1998, Ville =?ISO-8859-1?Q?P=E4tsi ?= wrote:

> A friend who works in a h/w store said that asus wont accept dimm&simm
> at the same time.
> The motherboards he had tested he said that msi was the best currently
> on the market.

It was under MY impression that running both SIMMs and DIMMs concurrently
was a BAD thing. And any motherboard that actually DOES support the both
is a horrible hack that will lack in system performance. And your friend
is correct, ASUS won't do both, for this exact reason.

-Sir Woody Hackswell balint@udayton.edu woody@woodynet.siscom.net
(The ArchFool) http://homepages.udayton.edu/~balintrc
...for all that I have is written in chicken.