Hibernate != Standby

John Goerzen (jgoerzen@southwind.net)
02 Feb 1998 14:56:14 -0600

Stephen.Rothwell@canb.auug.org.au writes:

> but Linux is running in protected mode where access to this value
> as a segment descriptor is illegal. The BIOS is buggy!

I flashed the BIOS with IBM's latest image and the oops went away.
However, suspend (hibernate) still doesn't work!

Now, both suspend and standby give a standby. I cannot get a suspend,
either by pressing the suspend key combination or using the apm -s
command. Neither one will do a hibernate, only a standby.

Any ideas on this one now?

Thanks,
John

--