Re: What is accepted into the standard kernel sources ?

Gordon Chaffee (chaffee@CS.Berkeley.EDU)
Tue, 3 Feb 1998 14:35:16 -0800 (PST)

Alan Cox writes:
> Not so - they do exactly what the Ollicom guy is talking about but done
> cleanly. There is no GPL code in their driver nor claim to be. Bits of
> their driver are binary only so if it breaks or they get bored of supporting
> it you lose. They do give you source to some bits however.

I was wrong about the GPL--I had looked at the wrong file. Currently,
the files cisco/cisco_linux.c, ppp/ppp_linux.c, and rawip/raw_linux.c
are distributed under the GPL, but that is because of their origins.
It looked like all the code was distributed, but I didn't realize the
utility program n2xcfg was binary only. Everything else has source,
but that really don't get around the problem.

- Gordon