Re: Driver for HP 48L/Adaptec (MFM->)SCSI card?

Philip Blundell (pb@nexus.co.uk)
Wed, 04 Feb 1998 14:08:22 +0000

In message <87vhuv7arc.fsf@quasar.vvf.fi>, Hannu Koivisto writes:
> * Some weird Sun hardware reference mentioned that Adaptec
> AIC-010 has been used in some {MFM,ESDI}->SCSI converters. I
> sincerely hope this is not such a beast (although it wouldn't
> make any difference in practise though) :)

It sounds very much as though it is something like that. What cables are used
to connect it to the hard disk?

>In case there's no possibility to get Linux to recognize this
>card+harddisk, I'd like to hear if any other Unix supports

Does Linux detect it at all? Those cards often predated the ANSI SCSI
standard and so you may find it's not compatible with the standard SCSI layer.

p.