Re: top performance sucks (cpu cycles of course) :)

Rob Hagopian (hagopiar@vuser.vu.union.edu)
Fri, 6 Feb 1998 13:21:32 -0500 (EST)

It's not very efficient becaue it uses /proc to get all of the info in
human readable form, parses it, then displays it all again. There was talk
at one point about putting all the data in a binary format too, but I
haven't heard about it lately...
-Rob H.