RE: Full IPX support y/n ?

Peter T. Waltenberg (p.waltenberg@irl.cri.nz)
Fri, 27 Feb 1998 18:11:26 +1300 (NZDT)

Select the NCP filesystem for the client side.
You'll need to compile some tools to mount the NCP
filesystem, print, list servers etc.

They are on ftp.gwdg.de , something like pub/linux/misc/ncp.
I don't know if anyone has fixed the problems compiling them
with libc6.

And yes, you need mars-nwe if you want a server.

I'd recomend the later 2.1 kernels for reliable NCP operation,
the 2.0 version still has unfixed bugs that will cause hangs
under heavy load. 2.1.76 is probably a good choice.

If 2.1 is a major problem for you, let me know and I'll try to
find the time to fix the NCP bugs in 2.0 as well.

Peter

E-Mail: p.waltenberg@irl.cri.nz
Date: 27-Feb-98
Time: 18:11:26