RE: Micro$oft

Thomas Heide Clausen (voop@innocent.com)
Wed, 08 Apr 1998 23:52:18 +0200 (CEST)

As I think, that Microsoft will continiue releasing new OS'es, I
think it's safe to assume that the three chips are programmable
(upgradable, flashable, whatever terminology you like) so that
Windows can be upgraded. I'm sure that there will be a way to
boot Linux from there too.....well, at least if Intel reveal
propper doccumentation.

Also I do not think it's something new: processors with
embedded NVRAM have been present for a while - maybe not from
Intel and maybe not with a "Microsoft" label on it, but it's
been done before.

I am not overly worried about this news - but it's
still interresting.

- --thomas

ps: Any Alpha laptops out there running Linux? (Any alpha
laptops atall? - Thinking about replacing my ThinkPad...)