Re: IDE Fixes for PCI, SMP

mlord (mlord@pobox.com)
Wed, 08 Apr 1998 19:51:55 -0400

George wrote:

> Having SMP, I can affirm it doesn't make it past the initialization
> rc.d scripts with 2.1.93+your patch. I didn't try it uniprocessor.
>
> My scripts do a: /usr/sbin/hdparm -c1 -m16 -u1 -d1 -W1 /dev/hda
>
> Which did under 2.1.93+ide_patch:
>
> /dev/hda:
> setting 32-bit I/O support flag to 1
> setting multcount to 16
> [...Hang, normal output would continue as follows...]
> setting unmaskirq to 1 (on)
> ALT+SysRQ+P says:
>
> c019b540 T __lock_kernel
> c019b54c <-+
> c019b553 |- A constant loop between this range of addresses.
> c019b567 |
> c019b56f <-+
> c019b57c T __delay

You should really lookup those addresses in the System.map file
and include the function name, as those addresses are unique
to your system alone.

But in this case, I know what's wrong -- probably affects everyone!

Fixed (and tested) in next patch version (due shortly).

Thanks for trying it out.

--
mlord@pobox.com
The Linux IDE guy