Re: Sound in 2.1.94 (perfermance especially typing seems to have

Ulf Jaenicke-Roessler (ujr@physik.phy.tu-dresden.de)
Fri, 10 Apr 1998 12:07:09 +0200 (MDT)

On Thu, 9 Apr 1998, Alan Cox wrote:

> > Anyway, Alan Cox, I am sorry to tell you this but the sound is still
> > fried.
> >
> > Apr 9 16:17:00 arabian kernel: Sound: DMA (output) timed out - IRQ/DRQ
> > config error?
>
> These don't appear to be sound related. I don't know what is causing them.
> Can you try the 2.1.94 drivers/sound in an older kernel. It seems that
> for people so far that then works. Are you using the parport stuff ?

Well, I get the same errors (ie, DMA timeout a.s.o.) since 2.1.91 (I didn't
use 2.1.90). My SB16 settings are:

IRQ 5
DMA 1,5
IO 220 and 330 (for MIDI)

The sound driver is in the kernel (not a module).
This worked before, and I didn't change anything (no new hardware, no
other settings).
BTW, I'm using parport, but I used it before (~2.1.86) as well. And I'm
using the plug and play option (though my SB16 isn't P&P). Could this be
related somehow?

Any ideas what I could try? Thanks,

Ulf