Re: SMP Kernels and non-Intel processors

Basit Mustafa (basitm@cjnetworks.com)
Mon, 13 Apr 1998 21:06:49 -0500

I think Brian has a valid point, but only when it applies to release kernels,
which already have smp commented out. the Makefile isn't that "out of the way"
though, all you have to do is vi or emacs it.

developmental kernels are not for the faint of heart, not saying that brian
is, but these kind of things is what comes.

you have to ask yourself, you want ppl spending their time redoing the config
when it isn't broken, or writing new drivers/fixing bugs?

-basit