Re: beos-bootloader? (fwd)

Rik van Riel (H.H.vanRiel@fys.ruu.nl)
Tue, 14 Apr 1998 18:30:05 +0200 (MET DST)

On Wed, 8 Apr 1998, Richard Stallman wrote:

> I would suggest first talking politely with some technical person
> involved with Be, and pointing out that this is not permitted, without
> presuming it was other than carelessness. Give them the chance to
> correct the matter by deleting that code, without condemning and
> attacking them. There is a good chance that they will do so.
>
> If they don't do so, that would be the time to condemn and attack.
> And for the copyright holder to get a lawyer.

OR, we could strike a deal with Be, placing our boot loader
under another copyright (a common bootloader will probably
be beneficial to all of us), and having Be placing it's FS,
ABI and possibly something else under a freeer licence with
open source...

(yeah, I know it's blasphemy :)

Rik.