Re: (disregard) AWE64 not detected with 2.0.33!?

Jeff Wiegley (jeff@la.usweb.com)
Wed, 15 Apr 1998 21:44:35 +0000

Apologies for asking what turned out to be a simple question.

Please disregard my last post (and this one too I guess then).

The whole problem was caused by my inverted understanding of what
"PnP OS" meant in the BIOS. It turns that it doesn't mean
"do you want PnP active" instead it means...

"Is the OS going to handle the PnP setup (or should the BIOS do it)"

Now the BIOS initializes my sound card and I'm no longer driven
insane by the unimaginable silence of my office. ;-)

Thanks again,

- Jeff

.