Re: completely unofficial kernel.org mirror list. ;)

Ion Badulescu (ionut@moisil.cs.columbia.edu)
Fri, 24 Jul 1998 05:43:38 -0400

On Fri, 24 Jul 1998 04:58:21 EDT, John Caldwell wrote:

> I got the names of these sites from people replying to the recent threads
> about kernel.org mirrors, and a lack of a list of them. Here goes nothin:

[snip]

> P.S.- if you have any additions/deletions/gripes, i'd love to hear. ;)

Here is another one:

ftp://ftp.cs.columbia.edu/archives/os/linux/kernel

It's on a 100Mbit internet connection, it's being updated daily (well...
when it can get through), it has all the 2.0 stuff, all 2.1 patches less
than 100 days old and all 2.1.1xx tarballs, plus all testing stuff less
than 30 days old. I only has the .gz files.

In other words, it should serve 99% of peoples' needs, but it doesn't
qualify for an "official" mirror, since we do not have a full mirror of
ftp.kernel.org.

Ion

--
  It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool,
            than to open it and remove all doubt.