Re: Is the boot logo politically correct?

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Johan_Myr=E9en?= (jem@vistacom.fi)
Sun, 26 Jul 1998 23:49:06 +0300 (EET DST)

On Sun, 26 Jul 1998, Alan Cox wrote:

> Linux logo is a penguin. We already cause much less offence than the BSD
> daemon does in some parts of the world.

The Linux boot logo is a beer-drinking penguin. Quite a bit of
a difference.

> It doesn't matter what logo you pick there will be someone
> strange an weird enough to take offence.

In this case, potentially quite a lot of people.

Like I said before, I don't want to censor the penguin, not
even the beer-drinking penguin. I just raised the question
whether the "official linux kernel splash screen logo" (and
only that) should be more neutral or not. Neutral in the sense
that it is not offensive, funny, silly, stupid or confusing to
a whole lot of people.

Apparently, the consensus seems to be that the beer-drinking
penguin boot logo is ok.

Johan Myreen
jem@iki.fi