Again: Solid crash of 2.1.111

Michel Eyckmans (mce@tornado.be)
Wed, 29 Jul 1998 02:24:58 +0200

More greetings,

Almost exactly 24 hours ago, I wrote:

> Description of the crash: Right after a lot of disk activity
> my display (I was running X) went black, with the of
> the screen showing about 4 lines of garbled greenish characters,
> at which point the machine was completely dead.

Well, it just happened again. With blueish characters this time,
but that doesn't matter. What does matter, is that this time the
machine was very much idle. I was just looking netscape without
even touching anything.

I'm beginning to suspect the framebuffer stuff, as I started using
that only a few days ago.

All pointers appreciated.

MCE

M. Eyckmans (MCE)          Code of the Geeks v3.1         mce@tornado.be
GCS d+ s+:- a32 C+++$ UHLUASO+++$ P+ L+++ E--- W++ N+++ !o K w--- !O M--
 V-- PS+ PE+ Y+ PGP- t--- !5 !X R- tv- b+ DI++ D-- G++ e+++ h+(*) !r y?