Re: NFS and 2.1.111

Bill Hawes (whawes@transmeta.com)
Wed, 29 Jul 1998 08:13:40 -0700

Alan Cox wrote:

> I've had a look at the area of code concerned and while its probably safe
> for UDP (it may not be SMP safe) its not safe for TCP and not easily fixable
> as I had hoped.
>
> If nobody else has had time in a few weeks I may have another look at it

Hi Alan,

If you want to send me your notes on the NFS problem I'll take a look at it. I
haven't done much with the networking part of NFS, but may be able to help find a
solution.

Was there a recent network change that exposed the problem? I don't recall seeing
any problem reports for a while, and NFS is working quite well here.

Regards,
Bill